Below is the step-by-step process to become a reserve police recruit. Upon successful completion of all of these steps, you will be placed on an eligibilty list to attend training at the Phoenix Police Reserve Academy.
If you have questions about any of these steps, contact a recruiter at (602) 534-9000 or email@example.com.
STEP 1: Physical Agility Assessment
- The first step in becoming a reserve police recruit is to successfully pass the physical agility test. Applicants who satisfy the minimum qualifications may register for the physical agility test by signing up.
sign up here
STEP 2: Background Questionnaire Investigation & Interview
- An AZPOST Statement of Personal History background packet is given to those applicants who successfully complete the physical agility test. This background packet must be completed by the applicant and returned back to the Reserve Division for review. Qualified applicants will then be contacted to schedule a background interview.
see if you qualify by taking our quiz
STEP 3: Polygraph Examination
- Applicants will be given a polygraph examination (lie detector test) administered by a professional examiner. The test will confirm information contained in the applicant's background investigation packet.
STEP 4: Psychological Test
- Applicants will be evaluated by a licensed psychologist.
STEP 5: Medical Examination
- Applicants will undergo a complete medical examination given by a licensed physician.
STEP 6: Controlled Substance Screening
- Applicants will be required to submit to a urinalysis.
Upon successful completion of all the above steps, qualified applicants will be eligible to attend the academy as a reserve police recruit.
Visit Recruit Training for more information