Because reserve police officers perform the same exact duties as career officers, reserve recruits must meet the same standards as career police recruits.
- Be at least 20.5 years of age at the time of application; 21 years of age prior to completion of the Academy.
- Be a United States citizen.
- Be in sound physical and mental health.
- Have at least 20/20 vision uncorrected; or 20/20 vision corrected by glasses or hard contact lenses if uncorrected acuity is 20/80 or better; 20/20 vision corrected by soft contact lenses if uncorrected acuity is 20/200 or better. Vision capable of distinguishing basic color groups against a favorable background.
- Have not been dishonorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces.
- Within the last 36 months:
- Have fewer than 8 driving violations points,
- Have no more than one chargeable accident,
- Have no convictions for DUI (no more than one in lifetime)
- Possess valid driver's license that has not been cancelled, refused, suspended or revoked.
- Must meet AZ P.O.S.T. and Phoenix Police Department drug standards.
- No commission or conviction of a felony. Misdemeanor arrests are discretionary.
- Must have good moral character and personal integrity.
- No history of criminal or improper conduct. No poor employment or irresponsible financial history.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalency.
Take the Quiz to see if you qualify
If you have any questions about eligibility or any of the above qualifications, please contact a recruiter at (602) 534-9000 or email@example.com.
Contact a Recruiter